Health benefits of being active? Being active can help you in lots of ways! There might be some things in this list below you didn't know about but it's all scientifically proven:3,4,5
Physical activity helps you:
- Reduce your risk of heart disease, heart attack and diabetes
- Live longer
- Have better sex
- Increase your fitness to make other activities easier
- Keep mobile for when you're older
- Prevent weight gain and helps to lose that extra bit of fat
- Reduce your risk of some forms of cancer
It can also help you to:
- Be less depressed and anxious
- Be more healthy in general
- Improve sleep quality, and
- Improve your concentration
Phew! That's a lot of health benefits! But there are more:6,7
- Social benefits - Physical activity is a great way to meet new people, and you can use activity to have more time with your friends and family.
- Environmental benefits - If you walk or cycle instead of taking the car you can reduce air and noise pollution as well as reduce your use of fossil fuels.
- Economical benefits - Physical activity improves your health which means you end up spending less money on medical bills. You can also save cash on fuel if you walk or cycle instead of driving to where you need to go.